Research and commercial projects
Categories of services
The TRADE research entity provides external services in the form of:
- TRADE-DSM™ training for the North West Provincial Government Department of Finance, Economy and Enterprise Development (FEED)
- Workshop on the proposed establishment of a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) at Mahikeng
- Department of Trade and Industry (the dti): Training of delegates from the dti on the TRADE-DSM™ methodology and the TRADE-DSM Navigator™ (February 2016).
- North West Provincial Government Department of Finance, Economy and Enterprise Development (FEED): Compilation of a strategic report defining the potential role and contribution of the ACT (Agriculture, Culture and Tourism) industries in boosting provincial and local economic development.
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF): Development of a realistic export opportunity analysis report for agricultural products in the major group HS08 – Edible fruit and nuts, peel of citrus fruit or melons.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD): Updating of the inventory of export restrictions on industrial raw materials.
- ABSA Wildlife project: Contribution to a book ‘Game ranch profitability in South Africa’ involving the provision of valuable information on the industry’s structure, drivers, growth and profitability in the private game ranching segment.
- North West Provincial Government Department of Economic and Enterprise Development (DEED): Development of an integrated manufacturing strategy for the North West Province.
- Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz): Development of a quarterly publication that provides advice to various stakeholders in the agricultural community on the impact of political risk in South Africa on their environment.
International TRAde and DEvelopment Research and Advisory Services
Quantitative Analysis & Modelling, Economic Impact Studies, Strategy Formulation, Policy Support
Specialised market research